North Park High School
Empower all Learners to Fulfill High Academic Achievement.
The stakeholders of North Park HS envision their school
as a safe and stimulating place
where all students are engaged in a curriculum
that is preparing them to be responsible citizens
who are critical thinkers, academic achievers, and lifelong learners.
School-wide Essential Standards
School-Wide Overarching English Language Arts Essential Standard/Goal:
Write arguments to support claims in an analysis of substantive topics or texts,
using valid reasoning and relevant and sufficient evidence.
(Calif. Writing Standard 1, Grade 11-12)
School-Wide Overarching Mathematics Essential Standard/Goal:
Identify important quantities in a practical situation and map their relationships
(e.g., using diagrams, two-way tables, graphs, flowcharts, or formulas).
(Calif. Grade 11 SBAC Math Claims #2-Target D & Claim #4-Target F, DOK 1,2,3)
GRADUATION 2022....110 GRADUATES!!!
2020 MODEL CONTINUATION HIGH SCHOOL
About North Park High School
NPHS operates on the trimester system with a schedule of 8 classes for each period; thus students can possibly earn 120 credits in one school year. Other opportunities are available such as our Summer Recovery Program and placement in our Cyber High Lab.
SCHOOLWIDE LEARNER OUTCOMES
Thinkers and Problem Solvers who:
- Read and comprehend material in all subjects
- Demonstrate proficiency
- Ask effective questions
- Apply problem solving skills
- Express oneself clearly and effectively
Healthy Lifestyle Advocates who:
- Manage time wisely
- Possess resiliency skills
- Set goals and monitor progress
- Motivate oneself to initiate and complete tasks
- Make healthy choices
Life Skill Oriented, Career and College who:
- Demonstrate good attendance (regular and punctual)
- Demonstrate individual responsibility
- Understand steps of job process
- Encourage community involvement
- Build rapport and work well with authority and others
Community of social responsible members who:
- Stay informed, productive, and ethical member of society
- Take responsibility for actions
- Responsible citizenship
- demonstrate positive character and citizenship